- Excessive growth throughout your body
- Visual problems (which the pituitary gland is partly responsible for)
- Low blood sugar levels ( which the pancreas gland is partly responsible for)
- Soft skull parathyroid
Over the next few blog posts, I will try to cover the following key questions that pertain to our bodies:
- What are hormones?
- What problems are associated with hormone imbalance?
- What treatments are available?
- Are hormones used for any other reason than to correct an imbalance?
- What are the risks and benefits of hormone treatments?
John Hunter, who lived from 1728 until 1793, conducted primitive experiments regarding hormones at a very early stage, long before hormones were discovered properly. Mr. Hunter castrated roosters and observed the unusual shrinking of their combs.
We will continue our look into the historical discovery and understanding of hormones in my next blog post! :)